Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Eyeless Eye


The Eyeless Eye





When the Zen master Satcho was asked where the demarcation line lies between this vale of tears and the earthly paradise of fulfillment and peace, he answered:


"The eye is the demarcation line."


Paradise ... is accessible now and here, for it is our everyday world, but perceived by the awakened eye.


Frederick Franck






The field of vision is something open, but its openness is not due to our looking.


Heidegger






I am, as it were, an eye that the cosmos uses to look at itself.


The Mind is not mine alone; the Mind is everywhere.


Rudy Rucker, The Fourth Dimension






Real vision is eyeless.


Anandamayi Ma






It is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.


Jesus of Nazareth






Standing on the bare ground, my head bathed by the blithe air, and uplifted into infinite space, all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eyeball. I am nothing. I see all. The currents of the Universal Being circulate through me - I am part or parcel of God.


Ralph Waldo Emerson






Jesus said to them: When you make the two one… then you will go into the Kingdom.


Gospel of Thomas






By what means do this body or mind perceive? Can they perceive with the eyes, ears…?


No. Your own Nature, being essentially pure and utterly still, is capable of perception.


Hui-hai






There is no seer but Him, no one to hear but him, no one thinking, no one aware but Him. He is the Self, the Ruler within, the One Immortal.


Brihadaranyaka Upanishad






Seeing truly is not merely a change in the direction of seeing, but a change in its very center, in which the seer himself disappears.


Ramesh S Balsekar






Of inconceivable power am I; without eyes I see; without ears I hear.


Kaivalya Upanishad




Partly sourced from: www.headless.org

No comments:

Explore and Read...........

Some Info About Me

My photo
Abilene, Texas, United States
One day life no longer made any sense. I began enquiring, "Who am I", What am I", and "What's the purpose of this life?"

Followers


Email Subscriptions