Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Tao





Lao-Tse

Before creation a presence existed,

Self-contained, complete,


formless, voiceless, mateless,


changeless,



Which yet pervaded itself with


unending motherhood.


Though there can be no name


for it.


I have called it the "way of life."


Perhaps I should have called it


"the fullness of life,"


Since fullness implies widening


into space,


Implies still further widening


into space,


Implies still further widening,


Implies widening until the circle


is whole.


In this sense


The way of life is fulfilled.


Heaven is fulfilled.


Earth is fulfilled.


And a fit person also is fulfilled.


There are the four amplitudes of


the universe


And a fit person is one of them.


People rounding the way of


earth,


Earth rounding the way of


heaven.


Heaven rounding the way of life


Till the circle is full.


-Lao-Tse



No comments:

Explore and Read...........

Some Info About Me

My photo
Abilene, Texas, United States
One day life no longer made any sense. I began enquiring, "Who am I", What am I", and "What's the purpose of this life?"

Followers


Email Subscriptions