Sunday, April 4, 2010


On Ego 


"Well," you ask.

"How do I get rid of it?"


And my answer to that is:
That's the wrong question.


How does one get rid of what?


You can't get rid of your hallucination of being an ego by an activity of the ego.


Sorry, but it can't be done . . .


If you try to get rid of your ego with your ego you will just end up in a vicious circle.


You'd be like somebody who worries because they worry because they worry.

                  ~ Allen Watts
           

1 comment:

Sophia said...

That last line is hard to wrap the mind around. It is a Zen koan in itself.

Explore and Read...........

Some Info About Me

My photo
Abilene, Texas, United States
One day life no longer made any sense. I began enquiring, "Who am I", What am I", and "What's the purpose of this life?"

Followers


Email Subscriptions