Friday, May 14, 2010

Who Are You? What Are You?


The teaching of Advaita is to know what you are



through knowing what you are not. You are not


thoughts or the body. There is no person, no


separate, independently functioning and


controlling I.






Negate all that you know, stop the search for just


a moment and notice the simplicity of This, with no


thoughts, labels, concepts; what is left is nothingness,


what you really are.






Nothingness arising as the world.





- Randall Friend

1 comment:

Colleen Loehr said...

Wonderful post and photo. Thank you.

Explore and Read...........

Some Info About Me

My photo
Abilene, Texas, United States
One day life no longer made any sense. I began enquiring, "Who am I", What am I", and "What's the purpose of this life?"

Followers


Email Subscriptions