Sunday, July 13, 2008

Every Pair of Eyes

Do not look for the Divine somewhere in the sky. See God in every pair of eyes, in the mountains, water, trees, and animals. How? Only when you see God in yourself. Only Gods can worship Gods.
When you have reverence for the whole universe, you are in harmony with the whole universe. Then, you do not need to reject or renounce anything. When you have reverence in all your relationships, your own consciousness expands. Even small things appear to be significant and big. Every little creature appears dignified. It is the reverence in every relationship that saves the relationship. Cultivate the skill of having reverence for every moment in your life.
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

2 comments:

Robin Edgar said...

If you have "eyes to see" you should be able to see a sign of God in this "Eye of God" which will be seen somewhere in the sky on August 1st. . .

Anonymous said...

I remember that I had a 'moment' once, where I was able to understand not just the so-called natural world as all one, as god. But also the so-called man made world as god.

I could see how buildings, even sky scrapers are nothing but organic materials. I could understand how they got that way. And how nothing in this world is not god. Not even a toaster!

I was having a conversation with a friend one time about the nature of god, and when I suggested that god was in the toaster, she laughed at me and said 'no way'.

But if its not god, then what is it exactly? How did it get in this world, which is all god?

Everything is god.

Explore and Read...........

Some Info About Me

My photo
Abilene, Texas, United States
One day life no longer made any sense. I began enquiring, "Who am I", What am I", and "What's the purpose of this life?"

Followers


Email Subscriptions